Wednesday, February 2, 2011

QUICK HIT

I know it has been a couple days since my last post, but I've had some things going on.  Here's just a quick check-in on National Signing Day.  For those who don't know, I'm a UC football fan.  I never used to follow college football until I went to my first game 3 1/2 - 4 years ago.  UC was playing undefeated Rutgers in Cincinnati.  UC man-handled Rutgers that night and earned 3 new fans that evening.  Season tickets followed the next year, and I've been following UC ever since.  On Signing Day today, UC got some great recruits, and here are the top 5 I will be interested in following over their college career:

5.  WR - Damon Julian:  6'3", 215 lbs. - Appears to be a big, physical target with good speed.  From the west coast, offers from New Mexico State, and some other schools.  Chose UC!
4.  OL - Parker Ehinger:  6'8", 260 lbs. - Not your typical heavy lineman, but good speed for size, and the leverage this guy should be able to get could produce some serious pulling power and open up some holes for #2 on my list. 
3.  QB - Stephen Weatherford:  6'3", 200 lbs. - Big QB that has run the spread.  Had good arm to make the throws.  Being recruited by Miami and some other Florida schools.  Good pickup.
2.  RB - Jameel Poteat:  5'11", 200 lbs. - 4 star RB who's got it all.  Maybe not the fastest, but one of the top prospects in the nation. 
1.  WR - Alex Chisum:  6'3", 180 lbs. - One of top WR coming out of GA.  A big recruit out of the SEC territory.  Has the speed, hands, and potential to be the #1 WR UC has seen.  Broke High School records set by Calvin Johnson (star WR for Detroit Lions). 

My overall opinion for the commitments UC received today:  very impressive.  Coming off a down year, to be able to pull in high recruits from SEC territory, and top 3 and 4 star recruits is huge for UC.  Possibly the best recruiting class in the Big East conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment